It's all just so personal.......



When you think about it, buying a home is a really big deal. And it doesn't matter if it's your first home or your fifth, when it comes right down to it you have to be willing to open up and tell someone (hopefully a Realtor) intimate details about yourself. You have to open up about the types of things that you like, what it is that you need,  how your finances are and where you hope to be once the process is finally over. This topic is exactly what is running through my head tonight.......all of the personal details.

I have been an agent now for several year,  helping many find a home they could love. Ironically though, I myself would have a very hard time if I were in their shoes. I don't know that I could tell someone intimate details about my life....be it a  Realtor, a Banker or even a friend. Frankly I'm rather closed off about those details and I can't help but to ask myself..."are you a hypocrite?"

I ask people questions when they come to me for help in finding a home. I ask them about their life and I truly desire to get to know them.  I question their needs, their desires and in the end my goal is to guide them, educate them and protect their best interests while doing everything I can to find them a home they can truly love. Don't get me wrong,  this isn't some standard run of the mill post. I'm being genuine and real when I say......What do you know about me? How do you know that I'm a good fit for you?

These questions lead to me doing some more thinking.....(if you know me, really know me, right now you're smiling because you know how much I tend to overthink and over analyze everything)

In this thinking I've become curious, "what makes you pick the agent that you're working with or that you will work with and do you even ask if they are indeed a Realtor? Does it matter to you? Do you know the difference? Did you see them on the internet? Maybe a billboard? Was it a friend who told you about that agent? Did you simply see their picture or name on a for sale sign? Maybe you met them at an open house?".......whoa!!!!! (slow down brain!)

Anywho.......and yes before I get emails on how "anywho" isn't a word....I know it isn't, thank you. So where was I? Ahhhh, yes, I was asking how you picked your agent. But I'm also curious, do you get to know your agent? Do you want to get to know your agent? Is it important to have a bond or some common factor with your agent?

I am not some blah blah blah face book poster who tells you all the intimates of my daily life. Heck, I barely cover the big deals on face book....and the small things are overlooked every day. I don't really share much and if I do share it's probably nothing personal and frankly it's probably related in some way to my profession.......(this is where I begin to share so keep reading)  I almost never personally get personal with anyone. There are those rare gems who I couldn't help but share with, yet then again it's rare that I share.


So let's get personal, shall we?

I like being alone....but I completely exclude my kids and my husband from that statement as time with them is everything to me.

I would never ever ever ever call myself a people person.

I only decided to get into real estate because when I was taking my classes I discovered that I personally wasn't represented well in the home that my husband and I bought.

I have three kids.....two sons and a daughter.

I am originally from Ohio...but I'm a true Wolverine's Fan through and through!

I love sports, except golf......but I suspect when I get old I'll take it up to keep busy.

I write short stories and poems.

When I have those rare quiet alone moments that working mothers don't often get, I enjoy spending my time with my dog Dwayne. (Honestly he's my fourth child, he literally has a car seat in my car and everything!)

I'm a true optimist.

I don't know if I'm going to be a success, but I'm not going to stop trying.

I love to learn, read and expand my knowledge on almost any topic.

When I watch T.V., I love based on real life movies, anything on  the national geographic channel, documentaries and frankly any show about gold or fishing.....weird I know!

I hate to match socks.

I often wonder if I will ever find my way to be as close to God as I once was.....

The smell of meatloaf in the oven reminds me of my grandmother

I have a "bubble" around myself, but I adapt easily to people in small groups

I sometimes have anxiety attacks.

I'm scared of failure.

I can be a smarty pants and not even realize that I am being that way.

I don't think that people like how I say what I'm thinking. Frankly, I think many of them say "oh i wish I could be like that"....but what they really mean is, "oh my god, what are you doing, you can't just blurt that out".....maybe I'm just not that polite?

I'm always searching for answers.

I'm a perfectionist...but I don't expect that of others.

I apologize way to often for things

When I am angry at anyone but my kids or husband I am almost completely unable to express myself to that person because I am terrified that they will just tell me where to go and how to get there.

Writing this, and making it public is one of the hardest things I've ever decided to do.




So why did I go there? I'm not sure really. I really like it when things are fair (even if I don't think its possible for things to always be fair). I believe that you have a right to know who is writing this and who it is that can help you if you need it. Because I truly love to help people. I want to be more open....because I've been watching some others and I don't want to feel automated or fake. I want to be someone that you can relate to, even if it's just a little bit.

So now you know, straight from the source, a little bit about me. Because how can I ask you to let me help you find a house, if you don't know anything more than my name? I can't....


~Keasha










Comments

Popular Posts